Smart codes is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa.
We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a Tech Lead that will help spearhead the Technical Team.
The following defines the responsibilities of a Tech Lead at Smart Codes LTD.
- Ensure the technology operating model aligns with the strategic vision of the organization and adapts to changing external and internal factors. Puts in place the right people, processes, technology, and partners to deliver on strategic and operational goals in order to deliver an operating environment that enhances agility, optimizes cost, and minimizes risk.
- Collaborate with all Directorates to clarify & and provide insight to the technology strategy & provide ongoing platform & supplier management support to enable its implementation; proactively manage key stakeholders and provide effective program management and excellent communication at all levels, with appropriate balance of challenge, coaching & support.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the technology technical team, including innovative solutions to the recruitment, development, and retention of the digital and technology workforce, as well as the development of sourcing strategy including strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of digital and technology systems and programs that fulfill the needs of the business including enterprise architecture management, application management, information security, and risk management and infrastructure and operations support management
- Communicate technology strategy to clients, partners and investors.
- Present reports on the company's technology status, goals, and or progress.
- Drive collaboration with the relevant business teams to ensure all digital technologies are leveraged as effectively as possible
- Create and oversee high-level KPIs for the Tech department which shall include but not limited to the trafficking of all the assignments done by developers.
- Involved in pricing and pitching of new businesses.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Reduce the risk of technological breaches
- Deploy and implement a disaster recovery plan in the event of a breach
- Develop and implement networking safeguards
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Tech Lead or a Tech Senior Level position
- Significant experience in conducting technological analyses and researches to build a strategy
- Good knowledge of current technological trends
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
- BSc or a Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas
To apply, go to our website on the career menu, and select the Tech Lead position, then apply now.