Deadline: 22nd June - Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we advise you apply early.
Our Technology team is an integral part of our business. As part of an ambitious partnership, we are growing our Product department in order to build new in-house products. If you know our flagship product, M-Paper, you know that Smart Codes is striving to build excellent digital products for the needs of Tanzanian users.
We are looking for an innovative Product Specialist bringing creativity and structure, to take the journey of shaping the product creation from scratch. You will join our dynamic and burgeoning Product teams to build a transformative product, following top-notch product development best practices.
- You are the focal point of a cross-functional product team (developers, UX/UI, business development)
- You will conduct users research, feedback, test prototypes and assumptions
- You will create a product hypothesis and lead the discovery process
- You will define product scope and create a product roadmap
- You write product requirements and test cases and create alignment with your technical team
- You are leading the technical team for delivery, you organize the work in sprints, and act as quality assurance tester
- You are responsible to take the product to launch stage, building the foundations to bring the product to market
- You are the interface between your product team and the stakeholders
- You oversee the relation with customers/users
- You are able to share results and visualization with management and our partner
- You are responsible for the communication on the product and updates
Your Skills and Experience
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience working in digital innovation fields
- You have a background in tech, business development or customer support with a strong interest for product
- You are a demonstrated problem solver, with minimum technical knowledge in order to guide the development of a technical solution
- You are capable of conducting research, user interviews, focus groups and gathering data
- You are self-motivated in a context of high-uncertainty and bring creativity in your work
- You have experience or you are learning about agile or scrum software project management methodologies
- Bonus if you have worked on projects in the fields of: mobility and transport, FMCG and agriculture, supply and demand platforms, informal workers
- You have a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology
- You have great communication skills, both oral and written, to collaborate as a team leader
At Smart Codes, we love working with talent who are driven and thoughtful team members focused on creating amazing and disruptive technology products. You will be part of an environment that puts collaboration at the center. Where we value your insight and energy and we know the special mark that product-oriented minds make on the success of a business.